The story really begins when we first decided to do the Disney Princess Half Marathon back in Sept.
If you missed it, here is PART 1
And our TEAM INTERVIEW
So the big day FINALLY came for all of us. After getting up early and bundling the kids off to Kari's I went out to wait on the curb for the van that would take us to the airport. I was the last one to get picked-up so after it came we were off!!
We got to the airport in plenty of time and then all 4 of my buddies got pulled aside and grilled by security. "Where are you going? Who arranged this trip for you? Why are you going to Walt Disney World?" I was SO BUMMED that I didn't get interrogated. Can you imagine them asking me that? I'd be all "Dude, because it is Freakin' AWESOME there!!! Did you really just ask me that?" Apparently my girls let me down though and no one even pretended that such questions are actually insane and offensive. Why are you going to Walt Disney World indeed! The real question is why are YOU staying here in Korea!?! I took a pic of Karen getting questioned. Notice you can't see the security person. I have mad skills with stealth photography in airports my friends.....
They MUST have answered all the questions to the satisfaction of the Koreans (after all, a half marathon sounds suitably adult and serious....) and they let us off. We headed to Tokyo!
I think the team shirts made us look bona-fide. That's probably why they bought our story.
After that we got on our LOOOOONG flight to Detroit:Notice the lack of any entertainment or TV systems on a trans-pacific flight lasting 12 hours. We definitely got the chaucy plane. I think it was built by the Wright Brothers and pre-dates digital media. Actually I think they talk about our plane in the Carousel of Progress in the 1940's section. It was OLD. If you're flying Delta to Asia....be warned!!
We got our bags and Zoe even found me some Rold Gold Pretzels!! Munching away we headed for the Magical Express bus that takes you to the World.
And then we had to wait like 20 minutes for the bus to fill.... AGONY!!! Why am I always the first one on the Magical Express???
Pretty soon we were underway and then we saw it! How much do I loooove driving under that archway!?!
We were so tired but we didn't know it yet. I was AMPED!! So we checked in at Kidani. It was so beautiful... looked just like an African lodge. First thing I noticed was the hole in the roof and the trees going through:
Then you look across to the main entrance and it's all lit up by lanterns in little windows on the outside walls. It's so brilliant and welcoming and just doesn't come across in pictures:Here's a better shot of the lanterns up close:
And the Lobby:
We checked in and headed down to our 1 bedroom villa (that I forgot to take pictures of... oh well!)
It was great! We had a living room that slept 3 and a king bed in the bedroom for the other 2, a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Just what 5 ladies need!
I left the girls there to get settled and then raced off to catch the bus to Animal Kingdom Park. I had to go to guest services to get my Annual Pass and then get a Tables in Wonderland card. It gives you 20% off on all your dining so I wanted to get it before we ate at:
When I got there the crew already had apps on the table and drinks all around. Love them!
The restaurant was gorgeous and the food was SO GOOD!!
I was so excited to finally be there I wanted to enjoy each and every minute and I did, but I was also so excited to be off to the Studios in the morning!!








No comments:
Post a Comment