Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Coming back to reality....

Coming back from vacay is always a downer but there's something about coming back from a Disney trip that is just so much worse. OK, so maybe not for everyone, but my "Lines" peeps know what I'm talking about. You get up the next morning and leap up and then it's like "Bwah wah wah waaaaah..." Rope drop is over. No more FP lines and ridiculously large cupcakes. No more ambient music and cheery cast members. No more fireworks! I worked so hard to get all those ADR's and it's ALL OVER. Instead I have to make.... school lunches. Kind of makes you want to go fishing for a pin code if you know what I'm sayin'.
     Unpacked my backpack and found the motherlode of FP's we never used. AVERT YOUR EYES fans - it's a shocker! Plus I gave a whole bunch away!!! When we went back to the Studios for Fantasmic there was this sweet little family of 4 behind us at the bag check and I gave them 4 FP's for Toy Story. Their reactions were priceless. They were psyched! Love passing on the magic while you're there. Now what do I do with all these FP's? Scrapbooking? Wall-paper? I am open to suggestions....
So lets talk about things that make coming home better. On Friday our entire Expat community told us that we had to be at the clubhouse with our medals. They threw us a huuuge party. I felt like a conquering hero! The place was mobbed and they had strung the clubhouse with home-made banners made with tiny flags from our home countries. It was such a beautiful gesture and truly brought tears to my eyes.
Seriously who comes home to that? I actually felt a bit guilty because it seemed like we had gone and helped refugees in a far off land instead of having a blast at Disney for 5 days. They even made us a cake!
So we all felt very lucky to come home to such an amazing community and to such great husbands who not only put up with our leaving them, but held everything together in our absence and took great care of the kids. So many people stepped in and helped us out to make the trip a reality. I had three friends who took turns getting my kids off to school and then picking them up and keeping them until Jeff got home for the 6 school days we were gone. Kari, Allison and Hayley... thanks a million! I owe you big-time! Jo, thanks so much for organizing the party... it meant soooo much to us!
So that's it. Thus ends the trip report. Thanks for tagging along and giving it a read and making my Disney magic last juuuust a little bit longer. 'Cuz you know the trip isn't REALLY over until you've finished your trip report and eaten the last of your Disney treats. Teddy took care of that last one....

No comments:

Post a Comment