Monday, March 23, 2015

The Top 10 Things I will miss about South Africa

From the home office in Port Elizabeth, South Africa here are the top 10 things I WILL miss about SA.
Here we go:

#10: School uniforms! Not so much when they're a 3 piece suit... that just causes stress, but a comfortable collared shirt and track suit? Amen, YES! There's a lot of stress and drama on "civvies day" over what to wear and I'm not looking forward to that being the norm every day. School Uniforms ROCK!
#9: Sardinia Bay Beach: taking my dog for a walk or run on a pristine beach with no structures in sight is a rare and unique experience. I will miss it SO much!
#8: The whole gang at Results Fitness. LOVE this crew! Such a great bunch of people. Such a great, well-balanced approach to fitness. There were so many times that Jeff was away and they were my only adult conversation in the day. I promise you, this gang has kept me sane!
#7:Wooli's: I know, I know, I'm going to miss a grocery store! But it's so darn easy to get good quality meat and produce here in SA. On the whole, their food chain is much more natural, local and legit than our food chain back in the US. Getting grass-fed beef or game meat is easy and inexpensive and their veggies and fruit are awesome. I will have to pay much more for the same thing very soon I fear...

#6: The Grass Roof. Love having this place just down the road
#5: Eating out. And getting AMAZING food for so little money. I don't know how the restaurants here stay in business, but I will miss them!

#4: The Baviaaanskloof. I added an extra "a". 'Cuz why not? I love this place... it's out in the middle of nowhere, full of beauty, and everyone there helps each other. If the Zombies had landed while I was here it was my bug out location FO SHO...

#3: Having a lemon tree right in my back-yard. So awesome and so convenient!

#2: Amazing animal encounters. There have been so many, I can't pick a favorite, but I do know that I never want to go to the Zoo again ever.
#1: These ladies!
So that's it South Africa... know that you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment