Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Signing off...

   Well, this is it! Tonight I pack up my computer so we can add it to the sea shipment headed back to the USA in the next week or so. It seems like so long ago that I decided to start a blog so that our families and friends back home in the US could see that we were OK.  What started out as a 12 month adventure to South Korea turned into a 5+ year journey that allowed us to meet so many incredible people, explore 12 countries, and experience many cultures. We left home with a 3 and 5 year old who were still in pre-school and we're returning home with a middle schooler! Did that just happen?!? Did Sasha pretty much totally miss experiencing elementary school in her own country? A lot can happen in 5 years...
   If you're still with us, (Hi Mom!) thanks for hanging out, reading about our adventures, and laughing and crying with us. It's been a trip and I am glad that we'll have this blog to look back and help us remember all the trouble we got into, especially early on! This seems like the perfect place to end it. I'm REALLY hoping that our lives in the next few years will be mostly un-blogworthy. We want to settle back in, be normal, explore our own country for a change, and just chill. Doesn't really make for a thrilling read does it?
  Can't wait to spend less time on social media and more time face to face with all of you. Shoot - I'll even settle for a phone call in a similar time zone! Thanks for all the support, the comments, and the laughs... I never felt alone no matter how far away we were because I always had all of you on the other end of this thing.
Love and hugs,
-M

1 comment:

  1. I'll miss getting to read and see pictures of all your adventures but I LOVE that now I can just call you up or zip down the road instead! Can't wait to hug your neck in person!

    ReplyDelete