We got an early jump on Halloween this year.... forgetting that we are in a warmer country that is moving toward SUMMER! We carved on Sunday and they were covered in grey fuzz by Wednesday! Good thing we had back-ups! We had to carve round 2 in order to have a few on Halloween!
Carving plus seed roasting?!? No complaints here!
Also on the Sunday before Halloween we had a big community Barn Dance at the school! Gotta love the outfit Ted picked out for this...
Tons of people came out for this event and it was a total blast. I had spent a few weeks dancing with the kids so they would know the dances before hand. They were great and each class got to showcase a dance that they had learned on the stage.
My awesome South African barn dancers:
Teddy finally finished his big Solar System project! So glad we started this early... he worked so hard!
And Jeff brought an awesome costume home from the States! I am biased, being his Mama and all, but I think he's even cuter than the real Harry Potter!
Sasha wore her Ana costume that we made for the 5k...
And her BFF Sophie wore my Elsa costume! They had a blast together being "sisters" for the evening!
My experiments in Kombucha have been successful. I LOVE making this stuff and it's way more delish than I thought it would be. I'm now kind of addicted!
We had a big Kombucha tasting and SOME family members took some convincing....
Then before we knew it, the year was over! We attended Teddy's prize giving on the last Wednesday in November:
He had a GREAT year!
Then it was Thanksgiving! We hosted at our house this year for all the American Expats in SA. It was a great day!
Everyone brought a few things so it was very much a group effort and the food was awesome!
Even the toddlers thought so!
And since everyone was there we celebrated a certain birthday since it happened to be the next day!
Then it was time for Sasha's prize-giving:
She was one of only 8 students in her class to get Academic Achievement (which is like honor roll) for the entire year. We are so proud of her!
Then the last day of school came. The grade 7's left the school they had attended since 1st grade. Here in SA, High School starts at grade 8 so they are off to the big-time. There were lots of smiles, hugs and tears.
Done with grade 3!
I have a 4th and a 6th grader!!! How did THAT happen?!? Fortunately I get to hit the pause button now as these 2 will be in 4th and 6th for a year and a half!












No comments:
Post a Comment