Monday, October 20, 2014

Back to Winter

We got back from the USA and it was the middle of winter. Cool, rainy and windy! We decided to tackle some projects but first we had a very special birthday to celebrate! Her resolution for the year is no more broken bones! I swear the ASPCA would have us on a very short list for animal cruelty!
We decided to start working on our running costumes for Marathon Weekend. Teddy helped even though he is not running in a costume. Ever since his "African Costume" unit at school he's my little sewing volunteer!
Sasha's Anna costume:
And my Goofy!
Ted's class held a coffee morning for parents. The kids decorated tables, took all the orders, did all the serving, made change, cleared and everything. They were all so cute that I couldn't say "No" when they asked if you wanted something. I don't even eat muffins and I ended up taking a bunch of them home in my purse...
Ted and Sash were asked to provide some music for the event as well. They came up with 5 tunes they could play together and they played through their little set a few different times during the morning. I was so proud of them and it was so awesome to hear them playing together!
Meanwhile Dad and Roxy joined the neighborhood watch. So once a month they go out cruising in the middle of the night with the green light looking for bad guys. Dad thought Roxy would be an awesome wing-man... kind of a Starsky and Hutch you know. But it turns out that she is not that excited about getting up in the middle of the night and then she gets bored about 30 minutes into the shift and goes to sleep in the back seat. Slacker....
THIS is where Roxy prefers to be on a cold winter night:
Jeff has gotten us back into Geocaching. I was skeptical about how this would work in SA but it's taken us on some pretty cool hikes!
And we have Grammy back! It's so nice to have her as she slots right in with our family and is just a fun person to hang out with! She came out to cheer on Teddy at the Urban Run
Ted came in 8th in a large field of kids ages 5-15. I was so proud of him! And he even stopped to pee. Seriously... who pees in a 5K? That kid has a bladder the size of a walnut.
He won a cool Bos Tea cooler with a bunch of things including some tats:
The latest project is Teddy's solar system project. We headed to the craft store and scored big time because of all the Christmas stuff. Check out the monster golden ornament we found for the sun! Then Ted got the idea of using Christmas lights as background stars. It took him and Sasha several sessions of hole poking and light pushing to get them all in....
Hard at work:
Cool stars!
And Roxy is finally getting back to agility after her accident. Thank-goodness she didn't forget how to do the weave poles because there's no way I'm teaching that again. It's going to take her a few sessions to settle back in. Right now she's just so excited to be back that she can barely function!
And Grammy continues to kill it at the gym. She has her own trainer and everyone thinks she's a rock-star. Including me!
This guy has therapeutic glasses now for close work. These are glasses so that later he won't have to have glasses (?). All I know is he looks pretty handsome in his specs!
We had a really fun Movie/PJ night at the school. I am really enjoying these last few months of the kids being in the same school. It seemed like just yesterday when K and grade 2 finally rolled around and they were in the same school. I thought it would last for a long time but when we get back to the States they will probably be in different schools again. Boo!
And every once in a while we get a little sneak peek that summer may actually be on the way. (Then it gets all cold and windy again for a week...) but we know it's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment