Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Disney Marathon Weekend Trip Days 3&4!


I don't know what it was about these 2 days, but we took a TON of photos... get ready for an onslaught....
On Tuesday we got to the MK just in time for the morning show. The weather was perfect and the sky was blue, and THIS time we got the whole version of the show, with all the singing and everything instead of "morning show lite".
 Everyone headed to Big Thunder while I ran to grab Peter Pan FP's. On the way to frontierland I got to see some more areas of Fantasyland that they are still working on. I had no idea they were building this tower!
First ride of the day!
On our way back we saw Chip and Dale with almost no line. Kids had to meet them. They were hysterical and animated and made a big fuss over the C&D pins the kids had collected so far on the trip.
Love them!
Then we hit the shooting gallery:
And onto the stockades. These 3 belong there for sure!
Even Mema and Papa got in on the action!
After that it was onto the Mansion with lots of fun in the interactive queue area. Nice Photo-bomb Dad!
 We headed over to the New Fantasyland to check it all out. Gaston's tavern is great and the Little Mermaid ride, while pretty much identical to the one in DCA, has a beautiful exterior.
Onto Lunch! We hit BoG really well. The first opening crowd had gone in but the lunch rush hadn't happened yet so we only waited about 20 minutes.
Hall of knights:
Lunch there was AMAZING! Best counter service I have ever had. So good I forgot to take pics. Seriously who gets to eat a seared tuna salad in a theme park? The kids had beautiful healthy meals and it was just really nice. So to counteract that we went to the Big Top area to get a chocolate candied apple...
 After that we rode space and CoP (NO ONE would sing with me... how lame is that?!?) and then headed back to the central hub. I love this picture spot. It's so gorgeous that it almost looks like an artificial background....
 Getting ready for Flower and Garden festival?
One thing I noticed on this trip was that Main Street was still all Christmas decorations and Christmas music and we were a good 2 weeks after Christmas! What I WANTED was the Christmas treats ie gingerbread shingles and cupcakes and peppermint chocolate cupcakes and Normal Mainstreet but the treats were all gone. At this point it was like "enough already with the Christmas music" especially as Main Street/central hub music is my fav. Then someone told me that they have to keep it all up for marathon weekend or the runners freak out. But by the time we ran the races the garlands were all down. Help me understand....
While everyone else got some ice cream Sasha and I went to trade pins and stopped for a photo:
 Then it was onto the Pirate's League! Teddy opted for the skull face and his CM was awesome. She gave him such a hard time telling him that she was going to have to remove his skin.
 See that smile? We would not see it again for an entire day. Once his make-up was on the kid stayed in character and NOTHING would make him smile!
 Sasha's CM was also amazing and the 2 of them chatted away like old friends the whole time!
 The transformation begins!
 Panda face:
 A beautiful mermaid!
 Taking the pirate oath. He had to do it twice because she said his "Arrrr!" wasn't loud enough!
 Then it was time for some Photo Ops...

 And then since we WERE pirates we had to RIDE pirates!
They try to charge you about $100 for special pictures after you do the pirate thing but since we had already pre-ordered photopass we decided to go do a free shoot with a photopass photographer! I had to keep asking Teddy "Are you OK? Are you happy?" And he was, he was just totally in character and did not want to crack his make-up AT ALL! Hysterical!
 That evening we all headed to the monorail. We clean up real good don't you think?
Got this great shot of Sasha looking at the sunset:
 And Teddy STILL was totally serious about being a pirate....
 Can't MAKE me smile!
 We were eating at the Grand Floridian but I heard that their kids club is lame so we dropped the kids off at the Neverland club at the Poly. It was so cool!
The check-in area is Wendy's bed!
 Then they had to get sprinkled with Pixie dust and fly through the window to go in!
 The Grand Floridian is one of my favorite places to get all dressed up and go for dinner. I don't think I would ever want to stay there - it's way too formal, but It's fun to visit once a trip.
 Our Christmas present to the Grandparents was eating at the Chef's Domain at Citrico's. We had an AMAZING meal!
 My dessert:
 Jeff's!
 I couldn't even begin to finish it but hated to waste all that chocolate. Think I could wear it as a crown for the Princess 1/2?
 It was a great day except for the very end which involved throwing Teddy in the shower and ATTEMPTING to scrub off his make-up. We couldn't get all the black off from around his eyes so he kind of looked like Adam Lambert for a few days.
The next day we headed to the Studios. Visiting Disney with a Handicapped tag is awesome. Look where we parked... some of the buses don't even drop off this close!
 We headed straight to Toy Story to hash out some deep-seated family grudges....
 And gentle readers, I am proud to announce that I am STILL the undefeated family champion even after 2 rides on Toy Story. Yes!
 Ready to rumble:
Never, EVER pass up the chance for a cheesy photo opp:
 After that it was time for the Rock and Roller Coaster. Those are some brave grandparents!
Teddy tried on a rocker wig afterwards and with his black eyes he looked the part!
 We decided to skip Fantasmic this year as we've all seen it so in the afternoon we headed back to BLT for some pool time. I got to meet up with Pam Foster, one of my LLL "imaginary friends". It was so nice to meet her in person!
 That night we went to the Cali Grill. But there were a few casualties. We used to nap in the afternoon but now the kids want to use the time to swim. This guy turtle-shelled 10 minutes into the meal and was sound asleep on the table for about 35 minutes! What manners at the Cali Grill!!
 Tuna 3 ways appetizer. Awesome!
 Teddy's barely hanging on!
 After that we put Teddy and My dad to bed and the rest of us went up to the Top of the World Lounge to watch Wishes. It was really nice, but not nearly as magical as from inside the park. We had 2 great days, but the Marathon Weekend events were about to begin!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment