Monday, January 21, 2013

A few days in NC...

 At the last minute I decided to fly down to NC for 3 nights so that I could see my brother and my grammy since we won't be in the USA again until June. I found a super-cheap fare that got me into Orlando 25 minutes after the rest of the gang so I jumped at the chance. The distillery is open for business and Defiant Single-malt is now available in North Carolina. So I got to check in with everything up and running. And I got to help! Here's me giving the ageing whisky it's daily stir...
Making a mash:
 Looks good!
 I got to see several tours in action and I have to say that my brother is an absolute natural when it comes to touring people around and explaining the process. He needs to clone himself so he can lead the tours and his clone can make the whisky! While we were there a team of journalists came out and stayed overnight. They were really nice and they published this article and were nice enough to send me THIS LINK TO IT.
 I also got to run with Ana, who is on a facebook group with me and a whole slew of others running the Disney Princess Half in February. Someone had to show up to protect her from the rednecks that occasionally stalk her on her 5mile loop...
And I got to see Gram! She is about to turn 97!! So lucky to still have a grandparent in this world, and so blessed that I got to stop in and give her a hug.
As usual it was a whirl-wind trip. I showed up Thursday night and then had to get up at 4am on Sunday to make my flight. Onto Orlando!

No comments:

Post a Comment