From Oregon to Texas to South Korea to South Africa, you just never know what God has in store for us or where we'll end up next! Our motto: "Just roll with it!"
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Goofy? Well...maybe just a little...
In exactly 2 months from today I'll line up with about 17,000 other people at the starting line of the Disney World 2013 Marathon. And hopefully when I cross the finish line I'll be getting not one but TWO awesome medals. I'll get the Mickey Medal for completing the marathon, and the Goofy Medal because I ran the half marathon the day before. I am so excited/scared/nervous for this event that I can't decide if I want all the preparation and anticipation to last, or if I just want to get it over with! I'm even starting to have race nightmares where I can't find my bib, or I show up at the starting line with only one shoe, or I get there an hour late. Soooo many things can go wrong that even with training it's not a done deal until I cross that line. I could get sick or injured, the zombies could rise up, Obama could get re-elected.....
Oh wait.
Yesterday I finished my longest run ever, 17 miles and I can't believe that I only have 3 long runs left, a 20, a 23, and a 26. I can't even imagine running those distances but what I'm finding out is that God gives you just the stamina you need for the run you have to do TODAY. So run today's run and don't stress about what's ahead.
There are so many things I am looking forward to on this trip. Believe it or not there is still a huge bucket list of things to do at WDW that I have never done and on each trip I get to knock a few out as well as enjoy old favorites. On this trip we'll see the Osborne lights for the first time, we've got a split stay planned at the Contemporary and the Wilderness Lodge - 2 resorts I've never stayed at, we're going to watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly and from the top of the Contemporary, and we'll try out 7 new restaurants!
We are taking my parents and Jeff's parents and I think the 8 of us are going to have a total blast. One of the rules for this trip is that everyone not fighting off cancer has to participate in one of the Marathon Weekend events. So on Friday the 2 Grammas are walking the 5K together, Sasha is running with Papa, and Teddy is running with Jeff while Dad and I cheer everyone on. Then Saturday Jeff and I run the half together and then hopefully I finish the full on Sunday. I'm so excited to share this event with so many family members. I know they're all proud of me no matter what happens and I feel exactly the same about them. So excited to go to the Expo all together and get our race stuff. How special is that?
In the meantime I have lots of Goofy things and people in my life that inspire me all the time. And an impending marathon is GREAT motivation not to gain 5 lbs over the holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow you are an inspiration... and you are right God will give you just enough strength for today... and tomorrow... and the next... can't wait to hear about it.
ReplyDelete