OK, so back to our summer adventures. The day Jeff was to arrive in RI I took Abbi and Sasha for a pedicure. They insisted on sitting together which the salon lady thought was hysterical. She said that it was like doing a pedicure on a 20 toed alien.
Then Jeff made it home! The day after he arrived we kept it mellow and had a nice summer BBQ with the extended family.
Hey! How did Auntie Karen end up at the kids table?
Next day we went to our favorite spot and dug up steamers! If you've never dug them before it's hysterical. You go down at low tide to a rocky muddy area and just throw a rock anywhere from 1-3 feet in front of you. Where ever you see squirts you dig and get a lovely steamer clam. My problem is (like with any type of gathering ie berry picking ect...) that once I begin my quest I have a hard time walking away so I'm usually the one going "um hum, yup, I'm done... just a minute.... just have to check this oooone last spot..." until everyone gets fed up and walks away.
We got a ton! (Jeff has the bag) and they were delicious! (but my fingernails smelled like low tide for a few days).
We got in plenty of good beach days. The Rhode Island beaches are the best in New England if you ask me.
And then we got invited to go up to the lake at Uncle George's house.
Kids were so happy to see their Dad that they were all over him much of the time.
The boys! Teddy and Ryan. A hard day of fishing and swimming sure makes you work up an appetite!
And of course, the princesses, Sasha, Abbi, and Sarah.
We had tons of good luck fishing:
Sooo excited! BTW, is Teddy the most ripped 4 year old ever or what? I swear he's got a BMI of like .02.
Sasha caught one!
And so did Abbi! Ryan got one too, but I missed it. Sorry Ry Guy.
On Jeff's last night we went to a new pizza restaurant in town. They have a menu item for kids where you get to make your own pizza and then they collect it from you and cook it. Sasha loooooved this.
Needs more cheese Ted....
Next Summer entry:
A few days without the kids in Block Island!





No comments:
Post a Comment