So what can I say about this fabulous little community we have found here at the Hyundai Foreigners Compund (HFC). There is literally ALWAYS something going on here and it's always fun. Makes me kind of glad I live up the hill because I fear that if I lived just a stroll away from the clubhouse I'd end up with M.O.S. (Missin' Out Syndrome) and have to stroll over to the clubhouse JUST to make sure that something cool wasn't happening without me.
The pool is in full swing (so fun I haven't taken pictures yet - either that or I'm just too busy picking up Teddy's hurl because HE'S having so much fun that he puked his snack). It's great to grab the kids after a day at school and head over there for a few hours to cool off and check in with anyone you haven't already seen 3 times that day.
Each weekend at the clubhouse there is something going on. May be a "pour out" (going away party of sorts) for somebody leaving, or a quiz night or a birthday or whatever. If there's nothing, Zoe will probably come up with something brilliant to keep us from having a boring Saturday night.
Last night the band H.A.I.L played. This is great little garage band made up of a few rogues, a few teachers, and Hugh, the headmaster at the kids' school. Why couldn't I have had a principal that played in a rock band when I was growing up, and how tragic is it that my kids are too young to appreciate it?
This event by the way came AFTER quiz night, which is like a 7 round trivia game with 30 of your closest friends. Always our fav. So we got a double whammy of fun. And let me tell you, when we all got on the bus to go to a waterpark this am, there were quite a few people feeling the pain.
Here's H.A.I.L in full swing:
Taking a break from the noise level, crowd and the smoke inside!:
This is the picture I snapped just before when "no one was ready yet"... love this shot because so many personalities come through in it. And Hailey (grooving in the jeans) is making her classic Hailey face that always cracks me up so I'll be able to look at this one when I'm home this summer and laugh!
Right now it's also World Cup. I know, I know, those of you back home are like "World what?" but in the rest of the world Soccer is apparently a HUGE deal. Huge as in super bowl Sunday that lasts for weeks kind of huge. So there are viewing parties in the clubhouse if Korea is playing (or come to think of it England, Australia, Brazil... OK, pretty much like any country except the U.S. cuz we're kind of lame that way). Here's a crew wearing red in support of Korea, and celebrating a goal. Wish this picture came with a sound track...
And then there was 70's and 80's night. Zoe planned it to keep us from having a boring Saturday. It worked pretty well. The Australians in general may warrant their own blog entry but for now I'll just say that I call Zoe my cruise pursor. You know... the person who tells you that there's gonna be BINGO on the Lido deck at 4pm? I just check in with her on Mondays and my week is beautifully planned - it's as simple as that. Really don't know what I'm going to do without her all summer long. Here's me with 2 of my best hiking buddies, Zoe on the left and Karen in the middle.
Zoe and her husband Julian. Like I said... there will be a blog entry.
The Brays. Kellee (in the middle) is another of my fav hiking buds. Abbi on the right is our rockin' babysitter. Dale on the left is probably going to be Sasha's teacher next year. I tell you, with this crew at the HFS my kids are either going to be brilliant or need lots of therapy. Maybe both?
So that's just one of the reasons why I say that I am looking forward to my trip home in - holy smokes, 9 DAYS! But that I will also be very glad to come back to this nutty place in September...


No comments:
Post a Comment