Saturday, June 26, 2010

End of the School Year

 We'll be taking off soon for a summer in the states (on a plane thank you very much, even a fairy's wings would get tired on a trip THAT long) but I wanted to get one more post out there before we leave. Jeff went on a business trip at the end of May and brought us all back some cool things - Sasha even wore her wings to school one day - but he missed the Korean elections. This fiasco you have to see to believe, but I have VIDEO!!
There were like 20 numbered candidates. They all put on public spectacles at all hours of the day; seriously, like starting at 6am, with dancing, singing, and other public craziness. If I were Korean I would immediately eliminate any candidate whose shenanigans woke me up but whatever. You can see the people representin' candidate #5 Here.
This went on ALL DAY LONG for about 2 weeks. We were ready to celebrate when the election day finally came and went.
  OK, what else. We discovered Korean Porridge (YUM) and I went there to eat with the kids and Sasha's bud Emily. Emily at the age of 8 is one of the sweetest kids ever and somehow manages to tolerate Sasha and her really special perspective on personal space:
 K.O. # what number are we on anyway??? Yeah, saw this the other day and have seen it again 5 times since. Adult on moped with child or CHILDREN on same moped. Adult has a helmet. Kids? Nope. Wow....
 We had a clothing swap for the community and cleaned out our closets and then were able to grab some new stuff. Here is what my kids wanted the most. Yeah, it's like 85 degrees outside.
 Maximus doesn't love me anymore. Kids get all the attention....
 ....and all the sweet lovin'. I haven't been drooled on in weeks. He'll miss me when I leave him alone in an apartment for 2+ months with just Jeff. Oh yes, you'll miss me then MAX and wish you had been a little nicer. Bwah ha ha...
 Sasha had Sports Day at school. She was on the Cheetah team and they Won!! Ted missed his sports day due to Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. That was an adventure.
 Go Cheetah Team!
 If you get a Korean pedicure they put jewels on your toes. I like this very much. I actually don't know what I am going to do when I get back to the states and have to deal with feet that have no Bling. Jeff says I should get it done every week as he has never seen anyone so psyched about their toes. But I mean come on, who wouldn't be psyched?
 Dragon boat races! That's Jeff's company NOV's boat about to win their heat. They have a lot of Norwegians working for them so their boat team is HOT!
 Last Sunday we went to a water park in Geyongju (Sp?) called "California Beach".  It was awesome. The only downer was when Teddy got sent down from the tower where the big rides were because he was too short. He was MAAAD. Can't wait to hit the Disney waterparks, but I think we will wait until T-Man can do it all. He is such a dare-devil! Here's Sasha in the wave pool:
 Sasha heading toward one of the kid slide areas:
 Kids and Dad warming up in one of the hot pools:
 On Wednesday, we had the parent recital for our little fiddle group we started. It was awesome. I am so proud of all 3 girls! Video Here.
 We had a dessert party after the show with the 3 families. Yum!
Then there was the end of year picnic. The whole community came out for it and we had food, games and the kids did different performances. The year 5 and 6 classes did an amazing Korean dance and a fan dance:

There are a bunch of HFS kids that do Tae Kwon Do, and they did a performance with their teacher:

Here's Ingrid, Oyvind, Emily, and SolG giving it their all!
The Kindy Class sang 3 songs in Korean. They were Hysterical!
 Check out who is rockin' the mike!
Kindy Video Here. 
The girls and I got to perform again and we did our fiddle line up trick better than we have ever done it!
Video Here.
Another shot of the Ulsan Celtic Fiddlers:
Sasha:

Sasha and Maddie had a great time together at the picnic as always. Thank goodness Maddie will be here when we get back in September!!
Poor Ted!! That isn't the case for his BFF. Ryota leaves just a few days after we do and then stays in Japan. Teddy will be so sad when he goes to school in the fall and Ryota is gone!
We also had to say  good-bye to Ted's awesome teacher, Mrs. McAloon. She and her husband are heading back to England. Thank goodness Ted got to have her as a teacher before she left. She's incredible. When we got here Teddy didn't know his letters and now he is READING!!
 
Yesterday we went to Old Downtown to get presents for people back home. One thing that always freaks me out is how tight the parking spaces are here. I can't park the car without 10 tries and bursting into tears at least once. But here's how tight the parking is: Every car has side view mirrors that fold in at the touch of a button. REALLY! Because without folding them up you seriously might rip them off! Also the spaces are so small that half the time you park and then can't open the doors to get out! Here's Jeff who had to roll into the backseat and then crawl over the carseats to get out the backdoor!
After shopping we went for a much deserved beverage. Korea was playing last night and Team Stolasz was showing support for the Reds!
School is over but we are still having fun, and it looks like we will right up until we leave! Still a few parties to go to and of course there's always the pool! The kids drag this little kiddie pool up to the outdoor shower and fill it with hot water. After they have been swimming for a while and have blue lips they all jump in there and get warm. Rub a Dub Dub - that's a lot of kids in the tub!

Whew! When am I going to pack? So that's it, the last blog entry from SK until September. I'll keep posting over the summer though on my new iPad than Julian is hauling home from the US for me RIGHT NOW!! Woo Hoo! So I should have time to sync the thing before I get on a plane and fly it back. See you state-side everybody!

PS: NC 4th of July Pig Roast is ON!! Start driving.....

No comments:

Post a Comment