So T-man has know for AGES that he wanted a Dinosaur party. Thus I was on a mission to rock it like a T-Rex. We found these great little eggs and decided they would make perfect invites. Each one had a dino puzzle inside! We put our little invite in with the puzzle and then made new bands around the seam as we had to rip off the ones that they came with to get into them.
Anyone who was at the "Wonderpets" party last year in TX will remember that Ted PARKED himself in front of the cheese ball barrel at his party and had to be dragged from it to participate in his own party! Well, he was one happy boy when they had the same barrel of cheese balls at the Costco in Busan. I got him 2 and let him open one the night before so he would be less obsessed with them on party day. He was psyched!! (PS: 2 cheese barrels = lots of left over cheese balls = bad idea mom...)
Natasha (of the amazing cupcakes fame) also made Teddy's cake. It was a work of art! Chocolate sheet cake with a vanilla volcano cake and little dino cakes on top. Candy rocks, lava icing, you name it. It was awesome! (and it tasted as good as it looked!)
There were some Dino tracks leading the way toward the fun....
And a digging station for paleontologists to be outside. Jeff and Ted buried 24 plastic dinos in bins weeks before the party and the dirt dried out nicely so the kids had to hack through some rock-like layers to find a dinosaur. Here's Teddy and his buddy Matthew digging for a "fossil."
Bunch of Jr. Paleontologists:
Meanwhile, I was hooking Ted's BFF Ryota up with some rocking dino Tats:
Happy Birthday Boy!
When kids found a dino in the dig pit, they had to take it to the Dinosaur Encyclopedia research station to see if they could identify it. I had a few awesome Big Sister helpers giving the little ones a helping hand. Here's Sasha and Maddie looking up dinos for Thomas:
Then we moved in and made a dinosaur sticker scene....
....and then on to some sand art!
Sasha was such a great helper!
Me and my boy working hard on some sand art:
Ted munching away on some lunch.
The cake!! It was so awesome I almost didn't want to cut into it but of course we did. It was delish!
Lighting the "Volcano". Check out my super-brave girl:
Making a wish and blowing out the candles:
Can't blow those suckers out so we'll just watch them burn!
"I want a piece of the volcano!"
"I want a Dinosaur"
" I want THAT piece!"
Yeah, that X 20!
Mom trying to fill all those orders:
So the boy is 4 years old. Can you believe it? And can you believe I had to get used to the idea of having a boy? I look at Teddy now and tell him that he is everything I never knew I always wanted. What a kid!
Here's a link to Birthday Video.
And finally, T-Man about 30 minutes after we got home from the party. Hey, just because you're 4 doesn't mean you're done nappin' right?






No comments:
Post a Comment