How much did we not want to leave Tokyo Disney? Very sad. As we left I took a few final pics. The above is the lobby ceiling of the Miracosta. It's got a Greek God type painting for each of the themed lands representing the Spirit of the Arabian Coast or the lost River Delta or whatever. Below, Mickey on the big ship again:
We headed out to the monorail to get back to the Subway. I have no pictures of our subway experience because the trains were so crowded that my arms were pinned to my sides. It was EPIC! But we made it to our tour meeting point on time which in hindsight was quite the accomplishment.
First stop on the tour bus was a Mt Fuji viewpoint. Of course by then we all had to pee. There were western style toilets and they came with directions! I would love to get this on a poster to hang in my bathroom at home....
Team Stolasz in front of Mt Fuji. Now Mt Fuji is a nice volcano but Mt Bachelor and Mt Hood are just as gorgeous so I think it was a bit wasted on us.
But we drove up to the 5th station (about halfway up the mountain) and got to explore some really cheesy tourist trap type stores. We did get to send some postcards from the mountain as that is a Japanese tradition. And there was some snow up there so Sash and Ted loved it!
Next we drove back down the mountain and had a traditional Japanese lunch. Check out Jeff. That's his "Hurry up and take the picture cuz people might be watching us" face.
So Japanese food is little and compartmentalized. They gave us this little stacked tower and every level had something different. Very cool to try..
So I liked the tempura and the sashimi of course but this final level had lots of mystery packages and things processed into flower shapes. Not so much. I kind of like to know what I'm eating.
Next we took a tram up another mountain to an area of volcanic activity. A "Dongola ride!" Ted loved it.
Smoking vents. Sweet!
It was steamy and sulphurous.
One of the the things they do up there is hard-boil eggs in the bubbling pools. The eggs turn black and if you eat 'em you live 7 years longer. Sweet, of course I'm IN!
Jeff said "no way" but the kids were all in for black eggs. Jeff finally joined us. I mean we might as well all live 7 more years together right?
Teddy shelling his egg:
A black egg display with hello Kitty. One of the things I hate about the tours is that each stop is full of tourist stores. I did get a cool Japanese puzzle box at this stop though. It takes 12 moves to open it. The puzzle boxes are a specialty of this area and they take 4 to 60 moves to get open depending on how complex you want to go!
Next we went down to the lake and rode a Pirate Ship. Because nothing says volcanoes and geothermal activity like a Pirate ship ride. (?)
AAARRGH maties!
So it was a boat ride, what can I say. Here's some scenery:
Last but not least we rode the bullet train to Kyoto. The Bullet train was pretty darn cool. We were waiting on the platform and the first one went by without slowing down and it scared the socks off of all of us. That's one fast train!
Video: Japan Day 7!









No comments:
Post a Comment