About a month ago, Sasha got to visit a Korean Kindergarten class with her Year One gang.
They didn't need parent volunteers so I didn't get to go, but I gave her my camera (after massive promises not to drop it, or leave it behind) and she took it with her and took all these amazing shots, or handed it to a teacher to get some great shots. What an awesome little journalist! They were told to dress up nicely the way they would in their home country or to wear their school uniform. This is the last picture I took of Amarachi, Naomi, and Sasha in the school courtyard before I took off.
So Sasha is the "guest blogger" today. She will dictate to me and I will write it all down:
Here's Sasha:
This is a picture I took of Marco and Quinn. Marco is dressed in a traditional Croatian outfit and Quinn is dressed in Korean "Hanbok".
This is a picture I took on the bus of my friends Sanjana (left) and Soobin. We were driving to the Korean School. We were excited!
Here I am waiting for a performance to begin. The Korean kids put on a show for us!
The first group: They did a dance and hit little drums with sticks.
Another shot:
Here are the kids from the Hyundai Foreign School being a good audience!
Here is the next group: They did a really great performance. It was a drumming and singing and dancing performance!
Then the kids from our school sang the Korean kids a traditional song that we had learned in Korean!
Then the Korean children were a great audience for us!
You can see me singing in this picture:
Here's me after all the performances. We were waiting our turn to play some traditional Korean games.
This beautiful Korean girl is just my age and I really liked her Hanbok.
I got to try this game:
You have to balance a beanbag on your head and then let it fall and knock a block down. It's harder than it looks!
This is another cool thing I got to try. It's like a small teeter-totter. Someone sits in the middle and then a person on the end jumps and makes the other person go up. It was crazy!
I had such a good field trip. I was glad I got to take the camera with me. It was really difficult being there in some ways just because I couldn't talk to the Korean kids and I couldn't understand them. The games were hard too because it was the first time for me trying Korean games. I liked the performances and I liked giving a performance. They also gave us some little Korean treats. One looked like a waffle but it was shaped like a stop-sign. I didn't like it. Then they gave us a Capri-Sun and a little round cookie and I like both of those. I would rather go to my school than a Korean school because everyone at my school speaks English!


Sasha,
ReplyDeleteThank you for telling us about your trip to the Korean kindergarten. The pictures showing the different styles of dress are awesome. I hope you and Teddy are practicing the beanbag game you learned at the school.