I can't even begin to tell you how very afraid I am of what's cooking here. Click on the picture and take a closer look. Please God, let it be some kind of seafood and not beetles or bugs of some kind because that sure is what it looks like....
There is a walk through a really nice pine forest, and then you get to this amazing rock formation.
The rocks have stairs and bridges between them and it's totally rad...
This by the way totally describes South Korea: here's a place with incredible beauty and awesome feats of engineering that you get to explore, but you have to walk past a simmering pot of beetles to get there. A bizarre blend of old and new all the time...
For some reason, every ship in the entire world was out that day, and they were all steaming South, away from NK. Mass shipping migrations make me nervous and make me check my phone. Like seriously, what's going on and do I need to flag one of these suckers down and get on board???
Obviously NK didn't invade that day, but I still never found out why there were so many ships....
There were some staircases down to the beach on either side of the main outcrop. Koreans DO know how to build great outdoor staircases, I'll give them that.
We got to the top/end of the maze of bridges and stairways and took a picture from the top:
See what I mean about the ships? Keep in mind that this is 180° from the first ship picture. WHAT was going on???
Here's another shot from the end of the trail, looking back on the whole area. Super-cool!
Check out how blue and clear the water is too. I can't wait to bust out the kayaks when the weather gets warm. It may be illegal to kayak around the rocks, but you know me, always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission so at least I'll get to do it once. Plus I've got my main man Edan/NEO to spring me if I get picked up by the fuzz.
We brought our lunch and found a really neat bench with kitty cats on either end. We had to eat kind of fast because it was pretty cold and windy, but we still get style points for a winter picnic.
More coming soon.... Love you all!




AWESOME Outing! :-)
ReplyDeleteAs for the ships - more likely an exodus from NK due to the arrival of Team Stolasz in the south. Too much liberty that close to the tyranny - just too close for comfort! :-)
Keep it coming!
We Love You!
Mom and Dad