We got back from East Africa and hit the ground running... it's been a VERY busy fall! Sasha unpacked her bag and then immediately re-packed for a 2 night bush camp with her class! She was actually away the day of her birthday but came home that night so we got to see her on the big day. 10 years old!!
The day she got back we headed to the Mall with 2 good friends to (FINALLY! She said...) get her ears pierced. Somehow my extremely needle-phobic child was able to get through this with nary a flinch. Hmmm....
We celebrated with some frozen yogurt...
Teddy achieved his yellow belt in Judo. Great job Ted!
Then it was time for some birthday parties! Sasha and her new buds from Herzl had a pamper party with mani's and hair styles...
...and chocolate fondue instead of cake! No complaints here....
Ted and friends had a massive 2 hour paint ball session with full riot gear. I was exhausted just watching them!
Those are some happy, sweaty boys!
The Ironman came through PE again and Jeff got to do the run for NOV in the corporate version. It was fun coming out to cheer him on!
And the kids and Dad did the Glow run!
We had a CRAZY Easter weekend that probably warrants it's own blog post entitled "weekend disaster" but we did get 2 really great mountain bike rides out of it and that was kinda the point...
Early morning Tent Selfie with my 3 babies...
Lovin' it!
This guy is a mountain biking CHAMP! He's starting to tackle some technical elements and is getting really good a tough climbs!
Although I'm not sure who likes mtn biking more.... Ted or Roxy:
We have had a frequent visitor to our yard... can't figure out where he's from or where he goes but he keeps coming back!
And we've gotten to do some rides right here in town:
"Roxy I know you're excited about mtn biking but I'm pretty sure Dad is gonna need to sit there...."
We had 3 weeks off from school during Easter and finally I got to PET A CHEETAH!! He purred like crazy. It was awesome... I want that sound on speakers all around me while I sleep....
And we've had some WACKY weather lately. The kind of days where it's raining on one side of the street and sunny on the other. It creates some pretty awesome rainbows and the ones here seem to form an entire arch. They seem so vibrant and so close that we are always tempted to try to see where they hit the ground so we can find that pot of gold....
The expats got to represent at this year's Potjie competition. Our table layout featured Defiant!
There were sack races. Little did they know that I'm like a professional sack racer. South Africans got SCHOOLED! bwahaaaa.....
And, we won!!! How crazy is that?
But then, tragedy... Roxy got hit by a car! I thought she was a goner. Grabbed her fast, got her to the vet and stabilized..
Poor thing has a fractured pelvis. She is on bed-rest for 2 weeks and then 4 weeks of being "calm and quiet". Of course now that we are at that 2 week mark she is trying to jump out the windows and is OVER being calm. She always seems to have a kid or a cat keeping her company in her bed though.... and we are so thankful that she appears to be on the road to a full recovery.
Ted's class had an African fashion show. They sewed their own skirts and everything. I was pretty darned impressed!
So that's all the news that fit to print here on Team Stolasz. We are headed to the USA TOMORROW for 4 weeks!!! Soooo excited to see you all and just be home for a bit. Can't wait!!!











We all can't wait to have you here!! Mom
ReplyDelete