Roxy graduated Beginner 1 and moved up to Beginner 2 in Agility. She continues to KILL it on a weekly basis and makes everyone laugh with her crazy speed and the fact that not only can I NOT keep up with her, I need to get ahead of her to direct her around the course but she's too fast! This has resulted in some "signature moves" between the two of us and keeps everyone in class laughing. Oh... and if I mess it up too many times she gets frustrated and bites me!
Teddy started guitar lessons and has just exploded on this instrument. He's been telling me for 2 years that he's playing the wrong thing and now I'm starting to believe him. We have a blast jamming together and since I've never formally taken guitar I'm learning a lot too. And his teacher is totally rad...that helps a lot.
Crossfit is in full swing 3 days a week. Kids are loving it and building such healthy bodies and learning good movement patterns. And for me the Crossfit Games are on. And even though I swore up and down that I just didn't care, once they started I sorta-kinda DID care. Bummer....
We got to celebrate my birthday in the middle of summer. SUCH a treat for a February girl. Skiing and snowball fights is more what I'm used to so eating birthday dinner outdoors in a sundress is an experience I will miss when we get back home.
Teddy had his first few cricket matches. I still have no idea what this game is about...
Teddy at the bat!
And all day, everyday, this one is right next to me. She's in the car, next to my desk, in the kitchen. Such a wonderful little soul, and such a blessing. She guards me. From the gardener, the gas station attendants, people asking for money. It's great because I can't roll down the windows to give them coins or she'll eat them. Promise you, there are scratch marks on the windows where she has tried to get them THROUGH the glass. Awesome excuse. When she's in business mode she flips her ears back so the sounds go Right. In. This way she gets a 2-3 second head-start....
We put a zip-line in the tree-fort which has been hours of time and fun. And no trips to the emergency room yet.... knock on wood...
And of course, we're soaking up those beach days as much as we can.
We had a BIG Valentines Day.... Teddy asked his future wife out on their first date. I picked them up at their different schools and he took her to Waka Berry. He said "Hey! I look like a cowboy and you look like a Ninja!" Dream-girl!
I had to sit at a different table. They were adorable!
And being the International Ambassador of Good-Will that I am, I decided to test the functionality of some local speed cameras. Turns out they're working.... IN AFRICA! Who'd a thunk it eh? I had no idea those suckers were actually turned on. I received this citation in December. For a speeding incident LAST MARCH. Do you have any idea how many more of these fines may be on their way? We're going to have to flee the country.
Bedtime continues to be hysterical. On any given night either S, T or Roxy is in some crazy configuration: Ted may need a few more animals...
No idea what this is about...
We were looking for penquins and we didn't find any but we did find a cool ship-wreck!
But now that we've had a taste of normal life we're putting it on hold for 2 weeks. On Saturday we head to Kenya and Tanzania for an African Safari trip. Can't wait to tell you all about it....soon!





No comments:
Post a Comment