Saturday, March 23, 2013

Kragga Kamma Game Park

 Last weekend Teddy and I were a bit under the weather so we decided to chill out and go on a self-drive safari that is 10 minutes from our house! But first there was a little restaurant that Jeff wanted to take us to called "Elephant Walk". It was really good and as always in SA really, REALLY inexpensive!
Next to the restaurant was a country store with all kinds of treats, local teas, gorgeous breads, preserves, wines, and these little beauties..... still kicking myself that we didn't buy one and whip up the mother of all omelets!
 They we drove over the game park. Picture Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney but getting to drive yourself!!! Pretty darn cool. They give you an animal checklist at the main gate with pictures and we had a blast identifying animals and checking them off of our list.
 Wildebeest:
 We had quite a little show-down with a wart-hog who was literally hogging the road:
He finally stood down. Hello handsome!
 Beautiful!
 Rhinos!
 Warthog mama and 3 babies!
 I forget what this is, but it's still cool:
 And then we met this gorgeous boy:
 "I love you!!"
 We took a swinging rope bridge across to a monkey and cheetah spotting walkway
 Cheetah spotted!
 Then we walked back to see this guy again. Next time I am so going in there to pet him!
 On our way out we saw these 2 guys and they were right next to the car!
 Hello dinner! We sure eat a lot of these guys over here and I have to say they are de-lish!


1 comment: