Sasha, as always, knew EXACTLY what she wanted to do for her 8th birthday. She wanted a fairy party with all the trimmings. When Sasha gets creative there's nothing to do but get on board. So I became "Princess Vernia - Deputy of Spring and Ambassador for Queen Clarion" Try putting THAT on a business card...whew!
The premise was that they had to earn 6 fairy badges to put on a sash by accomplishing 6 tasks that represented 6 fairy talents:
Vidia - (fast-flying talent) they had to run to the other park and bring back a craft bag.
Silvermist - (water talent) they had to use water to give themselves 3 fairy tattoos
Tinkerbell - (tinker talent) they had to make and assemble a fairy bracelet
Rosetta - (flower talent) they had to turn a plain white cupcake into a flower cupcake
Fawn - (animal talent) they had to make a butterfly hair clip
Iridessa - (light talent) they had to follow maps to 2 hidden locations to get 2 connectors and 2 light up bracelets.
So we had a lot to do in 2 short hours!
Fortunately I had Fiona helping me so she was able to help with Tattoo's while I did butterflies and Jeff made sure the scavenger hunt people didn't get lost.
The girls were VERY. SERIOUS. about the whole thing, especially getting their badges. At times I had to remind them to have fun with it!
Off on a light-talent quest!
Found it!
Sasha was in heaven and had a big old grin on her face seeing all her brainstorming and ideas turn into reality. Here they all are making bracelets:
And decorating cupcakes. Sasha couldn't even look up for the picture!
That's better...
Now those are some awesome flower cupcakes Sasha and Scarlet!
Meghan and Ella show us their flower ideas. Yum!
Ready to sing!
So it was a great day. Video HERE. In the middle of cutting out 84 fairy badges I said to Jeff "You know some day she's just gonna want to grab some pizza and see a movie with a few friends." But honestly, I'm glad that day's not here YET. I enjoy each and every moment of her inspirations and I feel very blessed to have the youngest 8 year old on the planet. So glad she's still into dressing up and wearing wings. Hey, I kinda like it too but I may have never know that if this kid hadn't come along....


No comments:
Post a Comment