Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tokyo Disney Day 2

So there have been some questions as to why on Earth we would go to Tokyo Dis right after WDW. Here's how it went down: We planned to take my parents to WDW so we had that trip planned FOREVER. Then, due to a 3 day school holiday my buddies decided to fly from Korea to Japan to visit Tokyo Disney Resort. Since our travel back to Korea routed through Tokyo and coincided with their arrival we just booked a 3 day layover on our journey home. I HAD to do it. Seriously. These guys needed a Disney park expert to take them around so I selflessly made the sacrifice and took one for the team. Not a dry eye in the room right now I bet...
Moving on:
   On day 2 we headed over to Tokyo Disney Sea - one of the best Disney parks on Earth in my opinion,  and got in line for raging spirits - a cool little roller coaster with a 360 degree loop. This was Ted's first time being tall enough for this ride so of course he had to be first in line!
We did it!
We knew it was going to be a busy day so we tried to get the headliners out of the way early. The next ride was Journey to the Center of the Earth, a ride only found at TDR!
Then it was off to Mermaid Lagoon to play in Ariel's Grotto!
2 Buddies under the sea:
What a bunch of goof-balls!
On to the Arabian coast:
Once again I was unable to capture all 8 of them in a single picture. I think we lost a few behind the camel...
I absolutely love the theming and all the attention to detail in this park:
More shots of the Arabian coast:
Then we headed back to the Mayan River Delta to ride Indiana Jones. I actually had to buy the ride photo on this one. I mean 12 of us and 12 seats on the ride - how could I pass this up?
For lunch we ate at Magellans, it was a cool little restaurant in the castle right next to the Volcano in the middle of the park. Lunch was excellent.
We headed back to our hotel for a rest, came back and watched Fantasmic. Then we took a night ride on Aquatopia.
Sasha and Emily:
Allison and Euan:
After that we looped around the park looking for food. Got a pic of Sasha and Raja:
We finally found a counter-service location that was open and we all piled in, starving, for a VERY late dinner. Then we headed home on the monorail.
The next day was Saturday and I had never experienced a weekend at TDR. It was sure to be crazy! The kids and I got there before park opening so we could ride a few headliners before the crowds got too insane. It was VERY wet!
We rode Raging Spirits and Indiana Jones with no wait! Then we rode a few smaller rides which were also walk-ons.
After that the crowds started to build so we went to do Castle Explorations. This is just getting a map, heading into the castle and exploring all of these interactive rooms. This one was our fav. It had the sun and all the planets and you turned cranks to make the planets revolve around the sun.
We were walking back to the entrance and we saw this wait-time:
180 MINUTES!!! Are you serious? Good thing we got to the park early to do what we wanted. I can't even imagine waiting that long for a ride! We headed back to the hotel to meet our friends and then we all headed to the airport together. With that crew even the ride home was fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment